Increase your creativity and satisfaction in your work
Design Thinking is an innovative, dynamic and human centered approach to learning, cooperating and problem solving. During the course you will get to know and experience design thinking as a structured framework for identifying challenges, developing potential solutions, refining and testing ideas. Design Thinking can be flexibly implemented in an educational environment, serving equally well as a framework for course design or structure for an activity or group project.
During this 5-day course course you will have the chance to gain knowledge about the background of design thinking good practices, but also to experience both tools and methods used on each DT stage and whole process.
You will be exposed to different types of icebreakers and energizers, including outdoor challenges.
An additional advantage of this course is the opportunity to meet people from similar European organisations and to expand your professional networks and your scope for potential future partnerships.
What is waiting for you
Design Thinking materials
Our custom-designed M-Powered Design Thinking materials will provide you with a practical knowledge, exercises, and fun!
Climbing, skydiving, cycling, and more. Every morning, you will spend 3 hours being active in the picturesque Killary fjord and mountains of Connemara.
In the bosom of nature
Spending the time in the heart of the mountains of Connemara will promote relaxation and calm.
This course features
- 5 days in a truly unique place, the Killary Lodge, which overlooks Killary Fjord on the West coast of Ireland.
- Outdoor activities (such as hiking, cycling, and climbing) in the morning and project management workshops in the afternoon. We believe that physical activity opens up the mind and creativity!
- Practical Design Thinking tools which you will test through our workshops and bring home to share with your colleagues.
- Networking with people from all over Europe who work on similar projects.
- Relaxation and reflection in one of the most beautiful places in Ireland.
- Why we are here and who we are? – Introduction and integration
- How we would like to work? – Group contract development
- Benefits of Design thinking method? – good practices of DT
- Experience DT process – workshop
- Stage 1. Empathize– how to start DT process? – tools of insights development
- Stage 2. Define – how to diagnose the needs? – work with different inspiring tools
- Stage 3. Ideate – how to boost creativeness? – effective brainstorming
- Stage 4 – Prototype – how to implement the ideas? – three methods of prototyping
- Stage 5 – Test – how to get the feedback? – art of giving and receiving feedbacks
- Whole day Design Thinking workshop – practice, experience and reflection.
There will be everyday outdoor challenges organised to stimulate participants’ creativity.
What others say
The Design Thinking workshop moderated by M-Powered trainers helped our Foundation to define and shape ideas on how to further develop the art and music festivals that we organise in Krakow, Poland. The workshop made us realise that even the most complex idea can be divided into prime factors. Thanks to good planning combined with hard work, success is at our fingertips. We really appreciate the impeccable professionalism and skills of both Kasia and Marzena from M-Powered, who quickly developed this workshop for us. From the beginning to the end, I felt that the workshop was inspiring for all participants. All I can do is to wish the M-Powered team every success in their future projects! I fully recommend the M-Powered team as highly professional Design Thinking trainers.
This course is designed for anyone who is engaged in education, whether you work as a teacher, a trainer, a European manager or an administrator.
- Competences to conduct workshops and processes using the DT method
- Specific tools for carrying out each stage of the DT process
- The opportunity to practice moderating and using DT tools to work with a group
- Increased opportunities for professional and career development
- Improved foreign language competences
- Increased motivation and satisfaction in daily work
- Wider European network
Course dates: Monday 25/03/2019 – Friday 29/03/2019.
Arrival at Killary Lodge on Sunday evening 24/03/2019. Departure on Friday early afternoon 29/03/2019.
Course fees: €525 for public or non-profit organisation staff.
€725 for SME staff and consultants or trainers.
Accommodation package: €398 It includes 5 nights of accommodation, 3 meals,and 2 outdoor activities per day.
Derrynacleigh, Leenane Co. Galway, Ireland
The Killary Lodge is a sensitively designed accommodation base that overlooks Killary Fjord on the Wild Atlantic Way. The center has won awards for sustainability projects and green initiatives. Built to blend into this stunning landscape of the Connemara mountains and to be kind to the environment, the accommodation base has all of the necessary facilities to ensure you have a comfortable stay. The Design Thinking workshops will take place in a relaxation room with an open turf fire and stunning views.
How do I get to Killary Lodge?
Instructions on how to reach the centre are available on their website. Alternative, M-Powered can organise a bus to travel from Galway city on Sunday afternoon 24/03/2019 and back to Galway city on Friday afternoon 29/03/2019.
What should I bring?
A list is available of clothing and equipment to bring on the Killary Adventure Centre website.
Do I need to prepare for the course?
No, there is no need to prepare. Before the course, the trainer will get in touch to find out about your experience and needs.
Do I have to participate in all outdoor activities?
No, if you do not feel comfortable doing some of the activities, you can choose to take a walk or relax by the open turf fire instead.